Senator Rand Paul Statement and Information on Western Kentucky Floods
Senator Rand Paul issued this statement April 27, 2011 –
Following the recent storms throughout Kentucky, and the increasing flooding in Western Kentucky, Sen. Rand Paul today offered the following statement and information to constituents.
“The severe weather, tornadoes, high winds, and heavy rains have inundated Western Kentucky, leaving residents with power outages, property loss and a record amount of flooding. As Gov. Steve Beshear declared a state of emergency for the Commonwealth yesterday, it’s important we come together as Kentuckians to look after our neighbors and communities,” Sen. Paul said. “I keep the people of Kentucky in my prayers as we deal with the aftermath of this disaster.”
In the Paducah region, here are some links and resources for assistance, and to assist others:
- The tri-county shelter (Margret Hank Church, 1524 Park Ave., Paducah, KY) is asking for volunteers to help distribute canteen items for those who are sandbagging, as well as bottled water and grocery gift cards. Please contact the Paducah Red Cross chapter to assist in this effort at 270-442-3575.
- The following counties, Ballard and Livingston, are requesting immediate help with volunteers for sandbagging and evacuations:
- Ballard County Emergency Services: 270-665-5083
- Livingston County, Central Dispatch: 270-928-2196
- Donations can be made to the Paducah Red Cross by following this link.
Here is the contact information for Sen. Paul’s State Headquarters Office in Bowling Green:
1029 State Street
Bowling Green, KY 42101